Friday, August 05, 2005

Open Letter

Inspired by my friend Taysha's open letter to Lindsay Lohan (and this odd little online letter for Bob Connolly) I have decided to write an open letter to television networks.

Dear Major Corporate Television Networks,

I am tired of your copycat ways! Be original! Watch a little cable and get a clue.

Signed,

Erin

(But seriously - I just saw a preview for "The Ghost Whisperer" which is just about the stupidest friggin' name for a show when "The Dog Whisperer" has already capitalized on the spoofy reference to the lame ass movie "The Horse Whisperer." Sorry - I really didn't like that movie. Not to mention... it looks just like MEDIUM... which is a good show! "How I Met Your Mother" does look cute... primarily because Alyson Hannigan is in it ... and Neil Patrick Harris is kinda funny in a non-Doogie way. But still... it looks like a half-breed Friends/Coupling. And Coupling in and of itself was a terrible copy of what was probably a good show for the BBC. "Close to Home" looks just like "Cold Case"... I mean ... it isn't... but still there are a lot of 30-something blonde female detectives. And I'm just so sick of law/crime and doctors. Meanwhile - cable is offering up a new show starring Mary-Louise Parker and Elizabeth Perkins as suburban moms who sell marijuana - called Weeds - http://www.sho.com/site/weeds/home.do. THIS... is a decent idea.)

(Though seeing Stockard Channing making a comedic sit-com turn this next season will be something to watch!)

No comments: