Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Good ol' Mom!

My mother is a naysayer. She'll find the negative in every proposal/story/idea etc. But it can, at times, be quite humorous.

So last night this amazing thing happened which I probably shouldn't talk about via blog but let's just say that the Wicked synchronicity paid off big-time!

This morning I start to tell the story to my mother and, knowing that she'll immediately poke a hole in it, I preface the story with: "I don't know if it pays anything and frankly I don't care because the potential opportunity is too big."

So then I tell the story (which ends in "And so I'm going to meet this woman on Wednesday.")

My mother agrees with me that the story is amazing... fates really collided... and then she says:

Queen Barb: So you're going to this person's house?
Me: Yeah, I think it's her house.
Queen Barb: Not cool, Erin.
Me: Why? What do you mean?
Queen Barb: You're going to go to some stranger's house?
Me: Yeah... a lot of people work from their homes.
Queen Barb: This could be a rape scheme!

Ahhh... good ol' Mom!

No comments: