Friday, August 26, 2005

If Mom had a blog...

T told my mother to get a blog. I've been thinking about what this would look like for fun entertainment. It would probably go something like this:

Monday
Cindy called to complain about her tenants. We talked for thirty minutes before Princess Kaylene (her pretty poodle) interrupted her with a need for a walk. She has puppy pads for the indoors but she needs the exercise. Cindy can be entertaining but I wish she wouldn't call so often because I can't get any work done. For lunch and dinner John made me too much food again. I have a very tiny stomach and he keeps giving me too much food. And when I'm full I sneeze. And when I sneeze I feel like I'm popping the hundreds of internal stiches from my recent tummy tuck.

The "kid" finally rolled out of bed at Noon. I can't believe she took all the seats out of the van again. What if I wanted to entertain people in the living room?? Brat!

Entered all of mine and Princess Kaylene's Star EIP points. I watched 2 Carol Duvalls, one Simply Quilts, Practical Magic and Shrek 2.

Tuesday
J.T. woke me up sometime between 5 and 6. Brat Cat! I went to the Weight Watchers meeting this morning followed by lunch at Coco's with a friend. When I got home John and Erin were working in the garage and they pulled me into the backyard to show me a beehive that the pest control guy had found. What is the pest control guy doing here on a Tuesday?? They're supposed to come on Wednesdays!

I want to sell the house but one look at that garage - I don't think we're ever leaving. I don't know what Erin was doing in there but it resulted in a pile of nasty looking "Teen Beats" sitting on my coffee table. John is working on yet another "project". Well at least it keeps him entertained while Erin uses his computer. (That man is getting so blind, deaf and forgetful!)

I voted on what to name the new baby panda at the Seattle zoo. Some of the names were pretty stupid like Chinese for what translated to "China Washington." I watched Mama Panda carrying around bamboo and poking at the poor baby for an hour on Panda Cam. It was like weird.

I have so much work to get done.

Entered Star EIP and KIIS club points. I watched 1 Carol Duvall and some Designing for the Sexes.

Wednesday
Boutique day! The old ladies were in a tizzy when we came into the Parish hall to find that the tables had been moved around. These creatures of habit! They had no idea where to sit (like it makes a difference ladies??). It was entertaining. Cathy brought in two boxes of Hamburger Helper that she picked up from somewhere so I bought them from her - dinner! Cindy called to talk about her surgery preparation when I got home. I think she can walk the princess after a day or two but she's worried. Gwen DEMANDED that Erin go buy her milk today. She's DEMANDING things now? She has the Internet - she should order up some delivery groceries! I didn't get any work done today because by the time I got through with Cindy and six or seven rounds of FreeCell - it was time to go teach the swim class. I left the kid in charge of cooking up the Hamburger Helper.

Side note: It looks as though some of J.T.'s hair is growing back in! The bumps on his back that I formerly thought were crow beak attacks are probably bee stings!

Entered Star EIP and KIIS club points. Got a refund check from Ebates. com. I took a nap during Simply Quilts and then Erin and I watched some weird movie that she'd rented: Priscilla Queen of the Desert

Thursday
I think the kid actually got out of bed while it was still morning!!

Mary called to tell me that she'd gotten her full set of dentures. I can't believe she's lost all of her teeth! She says its genetic but personally I think its due to all of the Coca-cola she drinks. It's like weird. John's birthday is tomorrow and I totally forgot about it. Luckily Cindy came through with some last minute cheap Hollywood Bowl tickets so I'm dragging him and Erin along. I don't know what the show is but we're going to picnic! And I don't care if John complains! He'll picnic damnit!!

I had to call Gevalia because my shipment of coffee hasn't arrived. According to their site it was delivered to the "porch" on Tuesday but nobody picked it up. I asked John and Erin and J.T. I even asked the neighbors. The coffee is missing. I wonder if the pest control guy picked it up. Gevalia knows what "Customer Service" is and they're sending out a new box of coffee. The lady at the pest control office, however, does NOT know what Customer Service is! This nimwit told me I HAD to tell her the name of the technician that told us about our beehive. How was I supposed to know? I also complained because the pest guy came on Tuesday and not Wednesday. Y'know the last time I called they told me they were firing her but SHE'S STILL THERE! How am I supposed to get all of this work done when I have to deal with all of this?

Entered Star EIP and KIIS club points - might have enough points for a movie screening. I watched Carol Duvall, Million Dollar Baby and The Cat in the Hat

Friday
I spent the morning in the "craft room" (after forwarding several joke e-mails from my cousin Jerry) listening to a Harry Potter audio book on my new portable DVD player (which also plays MP3's) which I had purchased to use after my Surgery while staying in "Serenity."

Erin got up before 10 - what is the world coming to?

I'm telling Erin and John that we have to be at Cindy's between 5:30 and 5:45 so that we can leave exactly at 6:00 (because Cindy tends to do things at the last minute).

John is now doing woodwork in the hallway!! Even if we could keep a clean house we couldn't!

I'll have to write more later.... I don't see how I'm going to have any time for work today. Also, I have to remember to set up the VCR for "Monk" and "The Dead Zone."

1 comment:

Taysha said...

entertaining? yes but I still am not seeing true Barb in the writing.... perhaps adding a couple "dummy, dummy dummy" or "Jooooooooooohhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnn!" would move things along.