Friday, September 23, 2005

Trials and Tribulations

T laid out some step by step hair styling directions for me to achieve "something flippy" and I attempted to follow them "to a T"! (ha!) (sorry)

"T's Directions:
1) a deep conditioner, preferably pantene deep condiitoner treatment
2) paul mitchelle detangler to avoid knots
3) a little frizz ease mousse
4) blow-dry with brush
5) frizz ease serum
6) straightner

And you will achieve the look in the picture, though w/o the blondness!"


And, just like I cook, I had had to make some substitutions along the way.

1) I stole some "deep conditioners" from my mother's shower (all I had was straightening and curling shampoos and conditioners). I used some Aveda something or other (with color in it to add some auburn???) and some other Nutrio (er something) deep conditioning shampoo.

2) I borrowed some of mom's Bedhead curling spray (I realize this is not a detangler but somehow since it was a spray I felt it somehow counted)

3) I blowdried with a diffuser.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4)To calm the crazy I brushed and re-blowdried (from underneath like the barber-lady told me) sans diffuser. By now I'd achieved someTHING flippy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5) I had some Paul Mitchell straightening serum (which also purported to calm frizz) - added that and re-brushed. By now I'd styled a hair helmet a la Sally Field in STEEL MAGNOLIAS.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6) And finally - the straightener. (I assumed that T meant the plugin heated kind.)

And now I have some sort of shaggy rock star flippy chic (for the hour... until the flips refurl (?) back into their normal water-buffalo look).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: