Monday, September 19, 2005

I'm extra creepy cuz I just fell down.

Sometimes I'm quite easily entertained by something not incredibly funny... but if it's funny to me I can laugh repeatedly for hours. Quotes out of context are particularly entertaining. My quote out of context for the weekend is "I'm extra creepy because I just fell down."

But I decided to give you context.

So after watching The Celluloid Closet my new friend "A" decided to rent THE CHILDREN'S HOUR. (Here's a brief summary with SPOILER) Audrey Hepburn and Shirley Maclaine run a school for girls (and have been best friends since college). One of their students is an evil she-brat who is trying to get out of going back to school so she tells her influential grandma that Audrey and Shirley are evil unnatural lesbians. Grandma then tells all the parents - girls get taken out of the school - Audrey & Shirley lose their libel case and have their reputations permanently tarnished. Then Shirley comes to grips with "Oh shit! I'm an unnatural lesbian after all! I want to have hot unnatural relations with Audrey-friend!" - and then outs herself to Audrey. THEN influential grandma finds out that the she-brat was lying and swears to reinstate the reputation of our two protagonists. But TOO LATE... Shirley's said too much to Audrey! So she makes the appropriate decision for evil unnatural lesbians and hangs herself from the nearest rafter. The End.

Well at some point during the viewing "A" got a little shifty and fidgety because she's a bad film student and doesn't like black and white flicks and since I'd already seen the last half of the movie we started doing a bad lesbian-themed MST3K heckling of events. So ... when Grandma finds out that she-brat granddaughter was lying about the teachers she gives the granddaughter a stare down. When the granddaughter won't come down the stairs to take her punishment like a man, grandma starts walking towards her... and she trips and falls. There's a moment of "Oh Crap! Look at what that evil kid made her do. She made grandma not look in front of her when she was stare-walking!!" before Grandma gets up... and is (yes, you guessed it) "extra creepy because she just fell down!" Haaaaaaaaaaa



But at least Shirley Maclaine was a cute unnatural deviant. (And I'm saying things like that more now because I've started to have some non-straight acquaintances and they expect these things that were previously just in my head to be said aloud. And you'd think it would be somehow freeing but it's just weird!)

1 comment:

Taysha said...

that post was full of innuendo and half bits and it was confusing....