Saturday, September 03, 2005

Positive Energy

(I don't even have to try.)

Big Bopper - June 1990

"Milli Vanilli is Full of Meaning"

Names never lie, and the secret to this duo's success comes partly from their catchy name!

A group's name often reveals a lot about the musical style and personality of its members. Milli Vanilli is no exception.

Derived from the Turkish language, milli vanilli means positive energy when translated. And when you see Rob Pilatus and Fabrice Morvan sing and dance to their hit songs, including "All or Nothing" or "Blame it on the Rain," you know positive energy is what this European duo is all about.

...

When Michael Jackson's music became popular in Germany, this green-eyed talent started to see things a little differently. "I could make it. Michael gave me confidence and hope that I could make it as a pop star, even if I was black," confesses Rob as he tosses back his long black braids of hair.

...

But Fab promises his fans that no matter how big they get, they will never sit back and take their succes for granted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you find that article online? If so, could you post the link? thanks

Erin said...

No I didn't. I transcribed it from the old magazine.