Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I got a call for an interview on Thursday so I had to put my hunt for haircut into overdrive and decided upon something flippy.




(And wondered... will my hair ever behave that way? Really?)

So working with the suggestion of two separate people who didn't know each other I went to Rudy's Hair Salon in Silverlake. I felt cool by association when I went in there. It was a big vaulty-warehouse type of space (supposedly a converted garage) with trendy magazines and punk rock stylists. My hair was done by a chick that reminded me of a cross between Chrissy Hynde and Gina Gershon in Prey For Rock and Roll (except with funky spiky red & black hair). She was great! She walked me through each cut she did, explained why she was doing it, didn't intimidate me in the slightest... etc. etc. And I left feelin' rockin!

But then my hair does what it does and now I feel like I look like a nun fresh without her habit. Eek. (It'll grow back! It'll grow back! It'll grow back!)

Before and After:



(Note the non-smiling "after" picture.)

However... I do look more like Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohmigod! it looks fine!!!