Thursday, May 26, 2005

Update 4 - Mortimer & Molly

Last week I was invited to pet-sit for a friend of my godmother's who happens to live near me in El Monte. First of all.... I didn't know El Monte was so close to me. Second of all... this lady lives next to this huge lake park thing that I didn't know existed. There's a bike path at this lake that goes all the way to Long Beach.

Anyhoo... so I pet-sat for Mortimer, the chihuahua and Molly, the cat for a night and a day and fell in love with this lake park place (which is Mortimer's walking place). I ended up taking Mort for four walks just as an excuse. Two of these walks were at odd off-park hours in the dark or early morning light.... it was the perfect location for a gruesome Law & Order type of body discovery. I kept expecting Mort to sniff out a victim.

I'm considering writing a story about it.... but I may just have right now.

No comments: