Friday, November 25, 2005

A Silvermany Sort of Day



It was a Sarah Silvermany day!

I went to see Sarah Silverman: JESUS IS MAGIC in the afternoon. Eh. It was OK. If you're lucky enough to be cool like me and have seen Sarah in person on more than one occasion - then there's not much new in the comedy concert film that you probably wouldn't recognize. The exceptions are the vignettes... which were probably much funnier at conception than they came across in real life.

Though the Amazing Grace performance at the end... CLASSIC!

Favorite joke: That's just retarded. And by "retarded" I mean THEY CAN DO ANYTHING!

Of course I went with Miriam and afterwards she kept telling me, "Erin, you can do ANYTHING!" with a wonderful smirk on her face.

But Erin, how does one Sarah Silverman movie constitute a "Sarah Silvermany sort of day?"

Great question, dear readers!

After our afternoon movie outing and then beers with dinner at The Yard House in Pasadena (and by "beers" I mean "a 50% ale/50% pear cider mix called a Snakebite" since I find beer disgusting) we went to see RENT!!!!

EXCELLENT! LOVED IT! I really want to go to a sing-a-long performance because it was HARD to not burst into song! It had my dumb heart in my throat the whole time. It's one of those movies I immediately put on my mental "to own" list. (OK yes... I did overkill play it in college so it was a little like one of those CDs you used to love but now want to skip through.) I much preferred Rosario Dawson to the original MiMi. (Sorry. The original Mimi's voice bugged me.) But as musicals to screen go... Chicago still has me wonderstruck. Of course that could be due to my lust for both Renee Zelwegger and Catherine Zeta Jones.

AND (to tie back into the theme of this blog) Sarah Silverman had a cameo as "Alexi Darling" - the art-killing tabloid TV producer!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Jesus is Magic and Rent in the same day--fun! I still haven't made it to see the movie version of Rent.

Yeah, I agree with your comments on Jesus...kind of more fun to quote later on than to actually watch.

freethoughtguy said...

Moreover, if you watch the trailer at www.jesusismagicthemovie.com, you get the best parts of the movie ... for free!