Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Update on the Career Front

I'm thinking that job hunting is all about putting your resume online - shooting it off to about a hundred people and then just waiting for a few months.

Today I had my third interview with the Audio/Visual people (this was the all important job which required the hair cut and suit).
This job opportunity came about because the recruiter saw my Monster resume (on Monster). I've since had two phone screening interviews, a first
in-person interview with the recruiter in Long Beach, a second "interview" (which was really a tour of a hotel) in Pasadena, and my third with the three
regional heads today (again in Long Beach). It seems to be between me and two younger guys... we all have different backgrounds but I believe I have
the experience. WHO KNOWS? I should, by the end of this week.

I have another set of two interviews tomorrow (Wednesday) at Universal. Near as I can figure, this was a job I applied for on June 6th and they just called
me at the end of last week. (Maybe their first round of applicants sucked?)

This, in total, will make FOUR jobs that I've gotten as far as "interview" for.

The first was for an international trailer editing company (they were looking for a receptionist that would later promote to sales).

The second was for an exec-assistant position at a t-shirt company (which was headed by a former Xena actress... the reason I applied). (It would have
been weird if I worked as an assistant to someone I had the action figure of though.)

And the third was for the hotel A/V company and the fourth for Universal.

FATE, by the way, is gunning for the Universal job. I decided years ago that it was my fate to work for Universal because of the synchronicity of it all!
(Fried Green Tomatoes was made by Universal, the theme park hired me (and Dland didn't), my Hollywood Boss was the former head of Universal, my first temp
job was at Universal music...)

However... we shall see. Fate may wait.

Meanwhile I'm "homeless" - moved out of my apartment in Monrovia - currently house/petsitting for a chihuahua named Mortimer in El Monte. All my belongings
("most of" my belongings) are in storage in West L.A. I have a few scary roommate possibilities. Oldest friend Amy is having financial thoughts. I'm having
timing thoughts (if I get the A/V job... I might move out of California after three months.) A certain Turkish rap-star wants to live with me... and that's
just frightening... though he offers to share his groupies.

And that's the news on the E front.

2 comments:

Taysha said...

Turn the parental garage into a guest house. Stay a few months and then B can turn it into a rental property :)

Erin said...

First of all - it's sinking. Second - it's infested with mice who eat my stuffed animals. Though my writing class wanted me to move in after they read the story that began with the secret room in the back of the garage.