Thursday, July 14, 2005

Universal Interview

Today I went for my two-part interview at Universal. My first stop was with the HR woman who went over my resume very briefly but spent most of her time coaching me about what to say and what to point out in the second part of the interview (which was going to be with the person I would be the assistant of). She explained the position and told me that the dude was rather quiet and needed to be drawn into conversation and that I should ask him about what he does, etc.

When I got to the guy he was a chatty fellow and the job was along the same lines but different than what HR lady had described it as.

As it turns out - the Universal job is in the New Media marketing section (so I'd be working with movie websites and movie art... which I LOVE), I'd be working in movies (which is obviously my life goal), is union and it starts at $37,000 (which is more than the A/V job).

Plus the guy was really nice and called me in special after he was done interviewing (he thought) because my resume was so great. (He said "I even put an exclamation point next to your name!" and told me after the interview that my variety of experience was so perfect and that he knew it would be great for other departments if it didn't work out for his.) (AND we went to the same college as did his boss so I think that gets me points.)

He expects to make decisions about who to call in for a second interview by next week.

1 comment:

Taysha said...

ahhhhhhhhh! That's the kind of job I want but I can't live on $37k, how sad is that? Entire families live off that, but they don't have spending problems.