Monday, June 27, 2005

Fixation Update

About two or three weeks ago a girl introduced herself to me on one of those social networking sites. I don't remember why or how we got on the topic but we began discussing chick singers (I think it was in response to that Anna Nalick "Breathe" song that I was obsessing over on aforementioned social networking site). So she decided that I also needed to learn of more new (to me) chick singers and she mailed me a 4 CD mix of music. Glee! I enjoy packages and music mixes even more! But now it was a challenge. Her fourth CD was all music that had "Rain" in the title so I decided her return mix must have a theme. I decided upon "Around the World" and chose songs such as "Walk Like An Egyptian," "Kokomo," "La Isla Bonita," "One Night in Bangkok," "That's the Night that the Lights Went Out in Georgia" and etc..

But NO... I couldn't end there! I also decided to see her Rain bet and Call (which is what I also, cleverly, titled this second mix). This next CD included hits like "Blame it on the Rain" (Milli Vanilli) and "Rain" (Madonna). (Both of which I was amazed she had overlooked to begin with).

So - the point is - CURRENT FIXATION: CD Theme Mixes

(I'm already planning my next one... "Songs That SO Made That Movie"... which will include titles such as "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin and "Invincible" by Pat Benatar.)

No comments: