Saturday, April 16, 2005

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

So I've been feeling like I've been wasting away the days... and I'm sick now and considering using that as an excuse. I haven't been sick in about two years so I do not think that it is any coincidence that I am suddenly flu-ish.

I managed to complete the entire season of the L Word and several movies so that should give you some hint as to how I've been slacking.

But on the other hand I've actually been doing my assigned tasks for every day and at the end of today I saw that I was a full week ahead in my Monster book. I mentioned previously that the Monster book suggested that the job search prep would take two weeks and I've actually just finished all the prep. So really I have been working really hard and thought I was behind.

So Wednesday I completed all of the documents in the "Job Portfolio" chapter AND I also completed my entire first draft of my short fiction story which is not due for another two weeks. Go me! Took a walk to 7-11 and bought Mac & Cheese and Chocolate Milk. No, actually that was Tuesday. Wednesday I just took a walk and made the mental note to wark when it is lighter out because the cockroaches make me squeamish. (Actually, they make me scream like a girl.) (Jobs Applied to: Zeeerooo)

Thursday was the "Create a Pitch" chapter. I finished half of that before falling into a coma on my couch and then waking up just in time to go to a presentation at World Group Financial (Monica's boyfriend's thingamajig). Later that night I convinced Miriam that she needed coffee and walked to 7-11 with her. I ended up not being able to fall asleep until 2 something and using half of a Tylenol PM to aid me in that much. (Its amazing how quickly I can slip back into my nightowl habits.) (Jobs Applied to: Two)

Friday I started out bummed because I didn't complete Thursday's chapter. Watched the last L word episode (while eating my one meal of Chef Boy.R.D) and am now left in cliffhanger-dom. Decided I couldn't stand my apartment anymore, packed up my school homework and Monster book and went to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. There I consumed a White Chocolate Dream Ice Blended and finished the Pitch chapter, the Resume chapter and the Cover letter chapter (putting me a day ahead). Then I went to do my school homework and realized there wasn't any so I went home. Then I walked a friggin' mile I think. Got home and read my new Strangers in Paradise comic book! Then I drafted and revamped my resume to make it Monster-style text and Monster-style "presentation." I still need to type up my "pitch" and "cover message" documents but its 1:40am now and I'm past the "reward yourself" period.
(Jobs Applied to: Zilch)

No comments: