Tuesday, April 12, 2005

SO I've been laid off

Anyone following the work blog will notice that I've been laid off (and I moved the work blog to avoid accidental discovery because I forgot to clear the history cache at "work" before I left on Friday). (The link on the right should be updated now.)

It was sudden news and I'm now sitting around wondering what the hell to do with myself....

Saturday night I was treated to many beverages and I became inebriated to the extent of actually throwing up. This was a first! Considering I'm 26 you'd think I might have had this experience before but alas... no. I was also inebriated to the extent of having fuzzy memories - also a first!

Here are some things I do remember:

1) Writing my name with pizza. (At the time it made sense - I wanted the people following me to the pizza box to know that the partially eaten piece of pizza was in fact - mine.) "Sleepy Boy" seemed very entertained.

2) Toppling into board games. (It was very hard to navigate between the people on the floor playing games... it was easy to lose my balance!)

3) Mango Chili Pop shat mango smelling poo. (????)

4) Apparently I was inadvertently mocking Wade's accent because he asked me where I was from. (This really would have happened anyway because I do slip into accents when talking to people... especially anything remotely southern... but I didn't realize I was doing it until he asked. Then he had a discussion about being south of the Mason Dixon line which I didn't quite follow... but that's because I'm stupid at geography and history.)

5) Blurting some things out that may still need explaining.

6) Going off to be alone like a cat waiting to die....

7) An amazingly short car ride to my parents house where I was dropped off by T without toiletries. (The "black bag" I was referring to, T, was in my car on the floor.)

But the thing I can't figure out is whey I found sand in my shoes the next morning. Any insight??


Sunday afternoon I spent with Marci by the pool of her new apartment complex in a new city called "South West Metro"... which is basically in Orange County...near Irvine (??) She remained in bikini while I, anti pool and sun, remained in jeans and t-shirt. (I didn't go swimming of course.) She informed me that I had to keep drinking but didn't enforce it. HOWEVER, it was hard not to because she had two groupies who kept chatting her up and offering us alcohol. She eventually caused drama when Eminem (groupie 1) fell in love with her and got upset because Tony (groupie 2) was paying too much attention to her. After Eminem left in a hissy we left and got mexican from a hole in the wall. We came back to play pool and of course Eminem and Tony were just WAITING for her to return to the complex social area. So I say I spent the afternoon with Marci but really I spent the afternoon with Eminem and Tony and Marci.

(Meanwhile Miriam drove to San Diego and the tire on my car blew and her aunt had to buy two new tires for my car which I will have to pay back with NO income.)

I'll need some money and fast!

*** "Sleepy Boy," "Wade," and "Mango Chili Pop" are characters that appear courtesy of Taysha's "Tea & Toast" blog.

No comments: