Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Excitable

Saturday Miriam came into the room and told me that she and Marci were planning on taking a walk to enjoy the nice day - did I want to come?

I looked at her confused thinking, "But its sunny out."

She saw my gloomy, cynical look and said, "You're coming! Get up!"

So the three of us walked to Starbucks (I squinted and furrowed the entire time). When we got there I ordered a Doppio Espresso con Panna (which is essentially a Starbucks "DoubleShot" but hot and not quite as sweet). Marci looked at my espresso and asked me, "Is that going to make you excited?"

"No, probably not."

"Is there anything that makes you excited?"

"I don't know."

So she looked to Miriam - "Miriam, does she get excited about anything??"

"No!"

So we spent the whole walk home trying to figure out if anything made me excited. (And by "excited" Marci meant something that makes one light up, act animatedly and smile.)

I came up with the following list of things that make me excited:

1) Talking about Disneyland (and other Disney parks)
2) Procurement of puppies

We concluded that the three of us needed to go to Disneyland because A) Marci claps and bounces and sings along with IT'S A SMALL WORLD and that should be fun to see AND B) Erin might get excited.

No comments: