Friday, May 04, 2007

Houseguest

Yesterday I found this little lovely being swatted at by my cat in the dining room.



I rescued him from the paws of my curious cat and begged him not to drop his tail but.... he did. And that was gross. And then his little stumpy tail bled on me. Eww.





What does one do with a discarded living tail? I threw it outside into the dirt... it's still there. Should I bury it?



After a few moments of anger and hissing I believe Mr. (or Ms.) Lizard realized that I was just a juvenile dork that wanted to play with him and take pictures. He (she) was actually a great little poser... he/she knew exactly where to look!



I considered keeping him/her as a pet (and an Internet friend for Heidi's lizard) since I've always wanted a lizard (though specifically I always ask for an Iguana) and this one was FREEEEEE but I realized that I had NO IDEA what to feed him. So I figured he was better off outside than inside in some box I was about to poke holes in and I let him go in the yard.


I've seen lizards in the yard before... but our little area isn't much for wildlife. Though there are a lot of opossums around and a few months ago I saw a raccoon. I wonder if this little lizard was THE lizard that I've seen before or one of many. Anyway... he's outside again. Nobody knows how he got INSIDE as the cat was asleep all day and the lizard woke him up.

No comments: