Monday, May 07, 2007

Dell Part Three

Just to keep you abreast...

1) I e-mailed Katie about the royal suckfest.
2) I called to order a new computer and fought with three different sales reps about whether or not they could sell it with XP Pro. (Basically they have no checkbox on their order form... and that renders them powerless. So even though the return reps and the tech reps said they do it... they won't do it.) Fin Raziel is now just a pipe dream.....
3) I'm now researching Alienware but they have HORRIBLE customer service reviews all over the net AND.... turns out they're owned by Dell so that's not a big surprise now, is it? But I can order it built with XP!
4) Maybe Gateway? I have no experience with Gateway but I can't find any horribly negative reviews. (I can't really find any reviews of the one I would get, the Gateway FX530, anywhere.)
5) Vista or no Vista? I still don't know.
6) But the Alienware computer comes with fancy fancy light up things and I like the light up things.... of course the Alienware computer is like a million dollars for the fancy light up things. And they're owned by pesky Dell!

No comments: