Friday, February 17, 2006

Hairy New Things

I've been wanting to dye my hair some fantastic color for AGES but never had the guts. BUT I signed up to be an extra in a movie and the film date is on Monday and "dyed hair" was encouraged for the scene so I figured - WHAT THE HELL?! Now's my chance! So yesterday I ventured out and purchased some Manic Panic because I figured that was the thing that people with fantastically dyed hair did. I also bought the color that might lead to hair color matching my BRAND NEW MATRIX.




So now on to the hair dying - seriously I need a clue cuz this is how it went down:

Step 1: Excitedly envisioned the possibilities of blue hair and especially how it would affect the infamous Erin white stripe:




Step 2: Shampooed hair and towel dried. Excitedly envisioned blue hair.



Step 3: Re-read instructions. Followed instructions. FANTASTIC VISIONS OF "BAD BOY BLUE" HAIR!




Step 4: Waited 25 minutes (10 minutes longer than the directed time cuz my hair is a resiliant bitch). Rinsed dye out. Noticed that hair didn't look fantastically blue from what I could see in the shower. Waited for the "big reveal."




Step 5: "WTF?? My hair is still brown!"



Step 6: Desperately attempted to find somewhere affected by blue dye. Possibly determined that MAYBE the white streak was now a "cosmic blue" streak.





Dangit! What gives? I realize it has a better effectiveness on bleached hair but I figured it would have SOME affect on my highlights. But nothing. Nothing but this weird sort of darker haze appearance. I had much better luck when I ACCIDENTALLY dyed my hair purple several months ago!


1 comment:

Marlena Hall said...

Well, myspace is acting like POOH right now, so I'm going to suggest "Doombuggy" for your car's name, from the Haunted Mansion ride at Disneyland.