Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Current Fixation - PodCasts

Podcasts and videoblogs! They make me hate people and love them at the same time. I was all a-wonder about these mysterious things but then I got me a Video iPod for Christmas. I couldn't quite justify wanting an iPod since well... I already had an MP3 player but when those video gods put forth the miniature pod-o-video... I COULD JUSTIFY THAT.

AND I got one for Christmas!

So the current fixation, beyond just sorting all of my 1000 songs plus into fun playlists like "BlueBlack" (for when I feel like mass murdering while wearing leather and vampire fangs) and "Sex Music" (typically a soulful, bluesy mix of deep throated women), is looking for and subscribing to Video Podcasts. (And audio podcasts too but... videos are of course the key.)

My favorite, for the moment, is one called the "Four Eyed Monsters" who are a young couple videoblogging about their efforts to get their indie movie to the big screen. I have zero interest right now in their movie but their video podcasts are incredibly interesting. PERFECT for short attention spans like mine.

This is also inspiring me to think of what I could possibly do in this realm. Well I have some old radio shows of mine that I could digitize and release as podcasts... but the newsy news on them is old. Mostly I'm considering a project my friend Amy wants to do - a documentary of the two of us doing things that we wanted to do before we turned 30. What if we did it as an episodic videocast? That could be coo!

Anyway... the only thing annoying about the video podcasts is the stupid iTunes program that must download once you click on something... WHICH means that after perusing through 20 pages of podcast directory... I then lose my spot and have to start over. STUPID!

1 comment:

Marlena Hall said...

I would totally subscribe to any podcast that you create.

Keep us updated!

And iTunes makes me go something something...