Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Patterns...

The pattern of last week was "old friends"... first up was a bridal shower for old boss (which I skipped...I had a good rain-based excuse) (but I'm going to the wedding reception). Second was friend from college down from San Fran ... was supposed to have dinner with her but that got postponed to lunch and then didn't happen. Third was Fred... who I got to see for mere moments but fun moments they were!

So maybe the actual pattern was avoidance... or "missin' out".

So far I think the pattern defining the "year" is "loss." I started out the year with a lost wallet. Last week my Verizon website disappeared... haven't figured that one out yet. Saturday I lost a whole harddrive worth of pictures and documents and etc. etc.... oh and my MP3's!!! Luckily I was able to recover everything from prior to August (always do backups... and don't be stupid and hit "Duplicate" when you mean "Backup"... cuz that's how I lost all my data). However... some things I've lost for good - the Miam Fan Club shirt graphics (and Zazzle won't sell the damn shirt to me because it somehow violates copyright) - the Xmas letter document (which I would still have in computer form had the Verizon site not disappeared mysteriously last week) and a whole website I'd made and was ready to soon unveil (as soon as the damn hosting service figured out I paid for more space than they were giving me).

Oy!

No comments: