Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Wha?

Today I got my Emerson alumni magazine thingamajig. I turned to the "Class Notes" section as I usually do to find out who in my class is succeeding (so I can hate them).

The first thing I noticed was the big picture of Charles in front of a mountain...I expected a caption about him climbing the mountain but instead it was his update about getting hired at Microsoft. (No mention of his marriage of course...cuz he's weird about that stuff.)

Then I noticed the "In Memorium" section and saw someone from the class of 2000 had died. Not only was it "someone" but "someone" that I actually knew! That kinda blew me away. No mention of how or when or why... just a name.

This girl was one of the three people in the film group I was president of - me being the third. It was me, Kyra and Susanna. (Susanna is the one who died.) We are the three that did everything (well, I did everything and they showed up and helped sometimes). Its funny because I'd thought of Susanna earlier this year - someone I met "looked familiar" and I placed the familiarity after flipping through the year book and seeing Susanna's pic. I remember her briefly.. the way she smiled. That's about it. Damn my horrible memory - I'd forgotten she existed entirely until I saw that picture.

So I sat there thinking about all of this... and then I remembered hearing once that the dead can be with you "at the speed of thought." So I figured I should stop thinking about Susanna while on the toilet.

No comments: