Saturday, November 20, 2004

The problem

The problem with making new friends is that there is a lot of conversation that has to take place before one can be labeled a "good friend" or even just "friend" (as opposed to acquaintance). Meanwhile the "good friends" you already have drift farther and farther away due to physical distance and life and personal growth and WHATEVER.

So I've got a few new friends this year... but since I'm starting out with "distance and life and personal growth" its taking a long time to "spend time." And whenever I get together with existing "good freinds" I start living in the past from when we used to spend time together.

In Erin's perfect world - we'd all live in a dorm so we could all be "just down the hall." (This may be why I've always found the thought of prison appealing.)

No comments: