Saturday, September 25, 2004

Anklebiters

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later!

I was finally attacked by my Hollywood Boss's parrot. We've had a stand-off for quite some time now so I was hoping it just wouldn't happen but alas - tonight it did. (By "stand-off" I mean that if the bird was out of his cage... I would stand-off in a locked room somewhere.) I was hoping there was an unstated pact between us considering I'd once saved his life by snatching him out of the jaws of a Rottweiller. (Mind you...the Rottweiller is a sweetheart that was probably trying to be friendly when the small green one attacked him.) The pact only lasted for that one day apparently.

Today I was a silent threat as Hollywood Boss allowed him to wander around her current quarters while saying sweet things like "Oh look who's coming to visit. Oh isn't he so smart. How does a bird with a pea-brain know his momma is in this room." Then, the genius that she is - knowing FULL WELL that he attacks feet, says "Move your feet a little so that he notices you're in the room." I comply and then hear her shout "PULL 'EM UP!!" as he beelines to my moving feet.

Now I have the evil bugger clamped to my ankle while I try not to panic and say "Pull what up??" She meant the feet which she is now removing him from. Wearing a confused and slightly shocked smile - I head for the bathroom and close the door while she carries the flapping freak to his cage.

The nastiest thing that the stupid college-named bird managed to do was NOT break the skin so I don't get to show off my ankle bite. All I have is a beak-clamp bruise.

Now I'm showing off my fake bravado while going into the room he's in to get myself a drink. Meanwhile, he's making bully-jumps at the bird toys in his cage to scare me. ("You want a piece of me?! Yeah bitch - I'll do it again! You see this rubber ball with the bell - yeah that's your other foot!")


No comments: