Sunday, December 07, 2008

Craftz

Today Amy Sedaris hosted a big crafty deal in L.A. I did not get to go. A few years ago I went to the Bazaar Bizarre and got awesome one of a kind gifts for people ... the Bazaar Bizarre is no longer held in L.A. What's a girl to do? Etsy!

I know about Etsy through Jenni and it was backed up by Imogen Heap who posted a funny VLOG about how she got a newsletter from Etsy about "What would Imogen Heap wear?" ... so she went to Etsy to see what she would wear. That's really not as funny when I retell it.

SO I just finished about 6 hours of (procrastination) Etsy shopping.

My favorite find today was Etsy's "Alchemy" page where I can actually request to have something made! This is awesome... if I can think of something. I do, already, know that I want a knit green tomato hat. So I might ask for that.
(But, you know, a little cuter.)

And also a knit hat with devil horns. My friend was SUPPOSED to make one for me (the pattern is in the Stitch N'Bitch book and she was all into knitting for a half second)... she even gave me a Xmas card with a promise to make it. And then we went yarn shopping and we picked out a nice blue/black skein and she even started the rim.... and that is as far as that got.


Meanwhile my friend Adrea knit me a blue/black knit hat that I love! No devil horns but it works. I still want my devil horns though.... HINT HINT MIRIAM (who will probably never read this anyway.)

But here are a few awesome "interesting" and awesome Etsy items that I did NOT buy today.

Toilet Tea



Cloth Panty Liner



Shaun of the Dead throw pillow (I did buy something from this shop)



Teddy Reborn (that actually growls)


I had this in my cart but pulled it out at the last minute... I still want it though.



Travel Size Penis Pillow



Knit biology dissections



Giggle-worthy

2 comments:

Benjamin Hall said...

.. what's the point of toilet tea?

I like the knit dissected mouse though! Poor little guy. :(

Erin said...

It's just a decal. It has no point other than to be decorative and humorous.