Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gas Huffin' Bad Gals

In film school one is exposed to a variety of films. Films with historical content. Innovative films. Short films. Student films. Bad films (lots of bad films). But the two films that I remember the most are The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (still amazing) and a short film that toured with a student film festival.

Back at Emerson I was the president of a group called "Films From The Margin" and I managed all the film screening events ... which meant that I also had to attend them all and watch more and more of these random strange, independent and often boring films. This one was SUCH a joy. SO good in and amongst the other ... crap... that I just fell in love with it. From time to time I would do an internet search for it. Once I found it on a film site... but then it went away. Once I swear I found it purchasable but when I went back it was gone. I thought all was lost until I told my tale of woe to a friend the other day. One day later he e-mailed me back with a link. A YOUTUBE link! Why the hell did I never think to search YouTube??

But without further praise... I present GAS HUFFIN' BAD GALS!!

Part 1:


Part 2:


Part 3:


Part 4:

No comments: