Friday, March 17, 2006

LB1 Vs. LB2

Yet another impression of the battling bosses (on a good day):

LB1: I'm just saying...
LB2: Will you just listen to me for ....
LB1: Look! I'm just saying that...
LB2: Just. Just.
LB1: Will you listen! I'm just saying that...
LB2: Pat! Pat!! Just listen...
LB1: ANDREA!
LB2: PAT! JUST LISTEN TO WHAT I'M SAYING
LB1: I'M JUST SAYING THAT WE NEED TO BLOW THIS STUFF OUT.
LB2: PAT! You always do this! Just listen to me!!! You can't sell this stuff for 5 dollars!
LB1: This is stuff we can't even sell at the yard sale!
LB2: We didn't have this at the yard sale!
LB1: Yes, we did - we had one of them! I'm just saying that we need to get rid of it...
LB2: WILL YOU JUST LISTEN FOR A SECOND...
LB1: WE NEED TO GET RID OF THIS...
LB2: WILL YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME!!!! GOD DAMNIT PAT!!!
LB1: ANDREA I'M JUST SAYING...
LB2: PAT!! I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING...

(This continues for 5 to 10 minutes.)

LB2 walks into my "office" and says something like, "If Pat would just fucking listen! I've lost yet another day of work because she won't just fucking listen!"

Last month I told LB2 (AndreaGotAnAche) that I was planning on supplementing my income by bringing in a cuss jar.

On a related side note - the work hazard involved in estate sales is that you constantly come across things that you want for yourself. Every day Andrea says something like, "We're popping all of these up but I'm keeping this lens for myself!"

Last week I discovered a beautiful 16mm hand crank movie camera that I would like. Today, an air brush spray booth and a box full of accessories. Of course I'd have to "pay the estate" for these items and since Andrea does the pricing (as opposed to Pat "let's just blow it all out") ... I can't afford what I want based on what they pay me. Sadness.

No comments: