Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Deep Thoughts

I am yet again reminded (I constantly remind myself) to not apply for jobs that I'm not interested in. Inevitably - they are always the ones that call me back. Why? I don't know. It's annoying. Today New Line Cinema called - YAY! For the legal affairs assistant job - BOO! I decided to turn down the interview. (I know I know!!! But stuck drafting legal briefs and acting as a lawyer's "gatekeeper" sounded like slow death. Why even interview? With my luck, I'd get it.)

So I housesit again - as my current main source of income. Which is really nothing.

But the perks of this particular assignment is the chihuahua that adores me (I'm the cool babysitter) and the water conservation lake he lives next to. We walk a path around this prairie-like landscape by the water's edge twice a day.

Many thoughts occur to me during this walk. One of them is, "This is totally like some place at the beginning of Law & Order where some jogger and her dog stumble across a corpse."

And today, "Is a duck happier in the water or in the air? They're equally at home in both. Do they get teased by other birds for sitting in the water all day - because you have to admit, that's kind of odd. Are there 'funny because it's true' bird ethnic jokes? Do species regard their close cousins as 'races'? Penguins, ducks, nightingales, crows, seagulls - do they each have a stereotype? I hate baboons because they have harems."

Well anyway - next week I'm off to to the EAST! (Wagons, ho!)

No comments: