Thursday, July 12, 2007

Adobe Contribute

,

Today my Adobe Creative Sutie 3 "Master Collection" arrived which is pretty dang exciting. Of course now I'm sitting here trying to figure out just what exactly everything does.  I've got the basics down (not including the fancy new features) ... the basics being Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash and Fireworks.  I know how to fumble around in InDesign and Premiere (because I know Final Cut Pro and a little work with the Avid and Pro Tools) ... but I know nothing about Contribute, Encore and Soundbooth.  AfterEffects I'm in the process of learning so I'm not too worried about that. 

Smart web perusers will properly guess that the point and purpose of this blog entry is to test this "Contribute" program which supposedly allows me to update my blogs and web page pages easily.  Since it linked right up to my blogger account - this was handy.  We shall see if it actually works (in just two shakes of a lamb's tail). 

I've spent part of my evening playing with the pre-made music scores in Soundbooth but I had hoped it would be a multi-track editing program and it doesn't look like it is.  (Is it?) Well obviously I'm going to have to sit here with the included video training and teach myself these things.  Encore looks to be a DVD authoring program.  I know at school we'll be learning on DVD Studio Pro so I can only hope it relates in obvious ways.

My feelings on the new icon designs are mixed.  I do like the abbreviations (i.e. "Ps," "Ct," "Br," etc.) instead of the icon graphics but I'm not too fond of the color choices for these little chips.  But then I'm a fluourescent gal myself.

I've installed this new suite on my new computer, Bavmorda, and so far everything is still running fast.  I have yet to open 3-4 programs with huge files open in each yet.

No comments: