Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bundled With Malaria

Part 1: I mention it on occasion but my FAVORITE humor is the mistakenly heard phrase. Often I can't hear what someone says so my brain will just fill it in with something that sounds sort of similar and I'll exclaim, "Earn more sessions by sleeving!?!?" I know full well that it's wrong but I enjoy accusing people of saying something dark and strange and then they correct me and we mutually giggle about what I originally "heard." The most recent example being:

Dad: Well this is bundled with malaria!
Erin: Bundled with malaria?!?!?!
Dad: I said this is a "fun little area."
Erin: Ha! Yes it is.

Part 2: I informed my father of my putting his "Knolys" up on the internet. He laughed and said, "Well that was my short hand." Then he held up his left hand and said, "Because my long hand was hurting."



(Note: The quote "Earn more sessions by sleeving" is from one of my favorite movie scenes in the movie ROXANNE with Steve Martin and Daryl Hannah. C.D. (Steve Martin) and Roxanne are arguing on the porch of her house:

C.D.: Ten more seconds and I'm leaving!
Roxanne (emerges from house): What did you say!?!?!?!
C.D.: I said, ten more seconds and I'm leaving!
Roxanne: Oh. (She starts to go back in.)
C.D.: Why? What did you think I said?
Roxanne: Earn more sessions by sleeving.
C.D.: What does that mean??
Roxanne: I don't know! That's why I came out to ask!

No comments: